3rd WORLD FORUM for LIFELONG LEARNING
October 31 - November 2, 2012
LEARN THROUGHOUT LIFE
WHY AND HOW ?
"Présentation du Forum"
"Communiqué de Presse"
After the second World Forum that was held in Shanghai in 2010, the World Committee for Lifelong Learning chaired by Yves ATTOU, announces that the Third World Forum will take place in Marrakech on October 31, November 1 and 2, 2012 (Royal Theater and Cadi Ayyad University). This important event will be co-organized with UNESCO, with the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE) and with the support of Moroccan authorities. «LIFELONG LEARNING, WHY AND HOW?” will be the theme of this Forum. It will focus on accounts of various innovating achievements, analyzed in workshops, reported during plenary sessions and published in the Acts of the Forum.
It will consist in:
- bringing together field actors, university researchers, members of the corporate world and of institutions. Our approach will aim at connecting all their points of view to enrich each other;
- clarifying problematics and experiments;
- facilitating exchanges so as to create synergies and to give rise to concrete actions all over the world;
- maintaining cultural heterogeneity in order to be able to feed on it;
- making representatives from all parts of the world participate in the Forum, as witnesses, experts, activity leaders, teaching specialists;
- integrating the specificities of the host country in our debates;
The whole Forum will focus on three main themes, dealt with in three workshops:
- THE LEARNING PERSON : “The learning person at the center of his / her career path”, “Women and children”, “From illiteracy to post-literacy”;
- THE ROLE OF THE CORPORATE WORLD : “Responsible firms”, “Working, training oneself abroad”, “ Evolutions in the management of skills”;
- LEARNING FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATIONS :“Informal learning”, Health and education”, “Territories and globalization”
The “WORLD PANEL” that will close the World Forum will gather the managers of the main international public, social and economic organizations. The general architecture of the Forum will be composed of an international Steering Committee, an international Scientific Council, a Committee of Honor and a local Welcoming Committee.
PROGRAM OF THE 3rd WORLD FORUM IN MARRAKECH
(Registration form and program to download on: forum.cma-lifelonglearning.org
Paris – July/ 14/ 2012 - The management committee of the World Committee for Lifelong Learning, chaired by Yves ATTOU, has elaborated the preliminary program of the 3rd World Forum on Lifelong Learning, which will be held in Marrakech (Morocco) on October 31, November 1 and 2, 2012 (Royal Theater and Cadi Ayyad University). It is co-organized with UNESCO (Institute for Lifelong Learning), with ICAE (International Council for Adult Education) and with the support of Moroccan authorities. «LIFELONG LEARNING, WHY AND HOW?” will be the theme of this Forum. It will focus on accounts of various innovating achievements, analyzed in workshops, reported during plenary sessions and published in the “Acts of the Forum”.
The OPENING SESSION OF THE 3rd WORLD FORUM will hear Fatima Zahra MANSOURI, Mayor of Marrakech, Abdellatif MIRAOUI, President of Cadi Ayyad University, Alan TUCKETT, President of the International Council for Adult Education, and Arne CARLSEN, Director of UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL)
Then the workshops will be chaired and coordinated as follows:
- “THE PERSON AT THE CENTER OF HIS/HER LIFE HISTORY”:
Louise SAUVÉ, Professor at TELUQ, UQAM (Quebec University in Montreal), and Hélène BEZILLE, CMA, Leader of the international scientific network, University professor.
- “WOMEN AND CHILDREN”:
Carol TAYLOR, UK, Deputy of the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education in the UK and expert on family and inter-generational learning , and Evelyne DERET, CMA, General Secretary.
- “FROM ILLITERACY TO SUSTAINABLE LITERACY”:
El Habib NADIR, Director of the fight against illiteracy in Morocco, and Elie MAROUN , Project Leader at ANLCI, National Agency of Fight against Illiteracy.
- “RESPONSIBLE COMPANIES”:
Mounir FERRAM, Deputy Director of the General Confederation of Companies of Morocco, and Philippe DA COSTA, from the Economic, Social and Environmental Council-France.
- “WORKING, TRAINING ONESELF ABROAD”:
Fouad BENMAKHLOUF, Director of the Cooperation and Partnerships Pole, Hassan II Foundation for Moroccans living abroad, and Abdelhakim ALAGUI, Professor at Cadi Ayyad University.
- “EVOLUTIONS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SKILLS”:
Arne CARLSEN, director of UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL), and Michel GUIDEMBERT, President of the Compagnons du Devoir and of WorldSkills.
- "INFORMAL LEARNING":
Mohammed MELYANI, Professor at Amiens University and Françoise DAX-BOYER, CMA, Vice-President.
- "HEALTH AND EDUCATION":
Carolyn MEDEL ANONUEVO, Deputy Director of UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning, and Marlena BOUCHE, International Expert in Health and Education.
- “TERRITORIES AND GLOBALIZATION”:
Sergio HADDAD, General Coordinator of Educational Action in Brazil “Learning for Another Possible World”, and Pascale de ROZARIO, Sociologist of education.
The “SCIENTIFIC CONTROVERSY”
will oppose Philippe MEIRIEU, Professor at Lyon University, and Louise SAUVÉ, Professor at TELUQ, UQAM (Quebec University in Montreal), on the theme: «LEARNING TO LEARN? “
THE THEME OF THE WORLD ROUND TABLE which will close the World Forum will be:
”WHICH PATHS TO TAKE FOR THE FUTURE?” with:
Comité Mondial pour les Apprentissages tout au Long de la Vie
- Alan TUCKETT, President of the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE)
- Yves ATTOU, President of the World Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Arne CARLSEN, Director of UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL)
40, rue des Blancs Manteaux 75004 Paris,
www.cma-lifelonglearning.org 0033 (0)1 75 50 48 85